Friday, August 30, 2013

Curious George

I've revised my best purchase ever from my Hawaiian print reusable bag to George, the cat. 

This evening as I was getting ready for bed, I noticed a terrible gnawing sound followed by an impressively ferocious growl, considering George is so small that he fits in one hand. He and I noticed the mouse crawling down the wall at about the same time, but his reflexes are a bit better. He may have killed one mouse and eaten it and played with another for a while until its escape under my bed. Sweet dreams to me?

Also, (Sarah, this is a shout-out to you, Pekoe, and Chai) those mouse toys are amazingly accurate. George batted the unconscious/dead mouse around for about 20 minutes before he:

a) ate the mouse
b) hid the mouse
c) raised the mouse from the dead, or
d) found a new mouse.

I registered for the GRE recently, so I feel like I should start framing things in the form of multiple choice questions and/or using ridiculously long vocabulary words and/or thinking in syllogisms (what's the grammar rule for lists of three or more things linked by and/or?!). If anyone has any idea what I should do with my life, let me know the school codes for February. Ideas should include, but not be limited to, avoiding malaria, homelessness and prison.

George found a mouse (#3?) a few moments ago and now there is a silence so thick you could cut it with a knife (hopefully not the one that cut my hand and a chicken's throat). I am growing increasingly concerned that the mouse killed George and that I am overusing modifiers.

Will George successfully disembowel a mouse? Will its entrails end up in Beth's bed? Will she ever find a mason to close up all the holes in the walls?

Next Time....on George vs. The Mice!

No comments:

Post a Comment